[Asterisk-Users] MusicOnHold() - how to restart player from the beginning on each call? (fwd)

Manfred Petz pm at deuromedia.at
Fri Oct 22 02:56:04 MST 2004

Hi list,

A question regarding MusicOnHold(): Upon the first call, the player starts.
Okay. But when I hang up and call again, the music playback for this new call
does not start from the beginning, it starts at the point where it has been
interrupted previously.

Is there a way to force MusicOnHold() to be restarted from the beginning for
each call which has been answered?

I tested this by calling extension 114, which is re-routed to a differend numer
as below:

         exten => 114,1,Answer
         exten => 114,2,SetMusicOnHold(comlabshold)
         exten => 114,3,MusicOnHold(comlabshold)
         exten => 114,4,Dial(Zap/g1/019470277,,m)
         exten => 114,5,Hangup

Thanks
Manfred