[Asterisk-Users] AGI comand channel status

Nicolás Gudiño asternic at gmail.com
Thu Oct 21 17:30:33 MST 2004

Hello,

On Thu, 21 Oct 2004 10:43:01 -0500, Jerry Geis <geisj at pagestation.com> wrote:
> I am attempting to place a call in the outgoing spool directory
> once that call is placed run my agi. I am using analog cards.

The problem is that there is no reliable call progress on ANALOG
lines. Asterisk just set the channel as ANSWERED or UP as soon as a
call is placed.

You can try enabling callprogress in /etc/asterisk/zapata.conf , but
you might have unreliable progress detection and many false hangups.
The comments on zapata.conf state:

; On trunk interfaces (FXS) it can be useful to attempt to follow the progress
; of a call through RINGING, BUSY, and ANSWERING.   If turned on, call
; progress attempts to determine answer, busy, and ringing on phone lines.
; This feature is HIGHLY EXPERIMENTAL and can easily detect false answers,
; so don't count on it being very accurate.  Also, it is ONLY configured for
; standard U.S. tones

You might also want to take a look at application BackgroundDetect, just issue:

show application BackgroundDetect

from the CLI

Good luck,

--