[Asterisk-Users] Fax detection in voip channel

Matt Hess mhess at livewirenet.com
Thu Oct 21 15:49:55 MST 2004

Ironically, I just got back to my desk from faxing an 18 page document..
ulaw codec..
call path: sip gateway - asterisk - max tnt - pri lines/pstn
I haven't really had many troubles with fax.. apart from when I was
using a particular voip provider named voiplist.. they refused to
support it saying that and I quote: "the service is voice over ip not
fax over ip"

how silly is that..

But I do agree.. a nice open t.38 platform would be wonderful.. inside
of asterisk.. on media gateways.. everywhere.. but it isn't there yet..