[Asterisk-Users] SER or not to SER?

Darren Sessions dsessions at ionosphere.net
Thu Oct 21 15:00:31 MST 2004

Have Asterisk register the same number as your end point/did - i.e. if
you've got a carrier sending you a call everytime some calls
18885551212 and then you route that call to a cisco gateway to be
terminated on a PBX or whatever, simply have asterisk register that
same phone number with SER. Then, when the call comes in, it sends it
to the cisco gateway and the asterisk box at the same time - who ever
picks up first wins the call.

  - D

On Oct 21, 2004, at 5:42 PM, Iqbal wrote:

> Hi
>
> i am stuck with the same dilemma, as the original poster
>
> I have setup ser now (with the helpful pointer from Girish..tks mate)
> and
> can do Ip <---> Ip calls, and IP --->pstn (via cisco box), all via ser,
> however I also have asterisk installed, and now am wondering where I
> use
> asterisk, it was/is suggested I use it for all pbx functions such as
> voicemail etc, however I cant seem to see how on a call not answered
> howto get ser to send to asterisk.
>
> I also am looking at the prepaid billing option, and hence the main
> reason for asterisk, but unless all calls flow via asterisk instead of
> ser I cant see the point of astcc, and if they do all flow via
> asterisk,
> then why put ser infront...
>
> tks
>
> iqbal
>
> On 10/21/2004, "Darren Sessions" <dsessions at ionosphere.net> wrote:
>
>> We use SER + Asterisk. One heck of a powerful combination.
>>

>> On Oct 21, 2004, at 11:59 AM, Nahuel Alejandro Ramos wrote:
>>
>>> Hi everyone,
>>>   I have some doubt about use or not to use SER.
>>>   I need a solution using a single linux box that manages,
>>> aproximatly
>>> 500-1000 registred SIP users, but not more than 50 simultaneouly