[Asterisk-Users] calling out from a remote * server

Jack Freifeld jackiefry at gmail.com
Thu Oct 21 14:16:38 MST 2004

You'll want to dial the second server locally using IAX, and have the second
server call out using ZAP

> [remote-out]
exten => _8NXXNXXXXXX,1,Dial(IAX/x.x.x.x/${EXTEN})

[remote iax] ;in from remote-out
exten => _8NXXNXXXXXX,1,Dial(ZAP/g1/${EXTEN:1},70,T)

if you want to call our back and forth... use a different number for
each and if you don't want the area code change the digit pattern to
reflect it... so that after the 8, it fits the pattern or just use _8.
 to accept the whole string.

hope this helps,
Jack