[Asterisk-Users] sip call echo cancellation

Matt Hess mhess at livewirenet.com
Thu Oct 21 10:19:31 MST 2004

I haven't found much info that stands out to me in regards to echo
cancellation in sip to sip calls..

My setup is this..
I have a key system connection to an audiocodes mp-108 which connects to
asterisk via sip and asterisk passes the call over to a ser proxy and
ser passes the call to either an internet voice terminator for long
distance or a local pstn gateway.. the local gateway is a lucent max tnt
with 10.1.1 software load.. it dumps the sip calls onto pri trunks..

I'm still getting feedback from the office as to whether or not echo is
heard on local or long distance.. incoming outgoing etc.. so I know
which part to troubleshoot.. if the echo is on egress or ingress.. I
know it isn't the local key system with echo as it's almost all digital
apart from the analog connection from key system to audiocodes sip
gateway as I also have a few ip phones which connect to asterisk that
experience similar echo issues.. remote callers don't seem to hear any
echo so it would appear to be an impedance issue somewhere remotely on
the pstn..

My thinking is that the mismatch may be on the local tnt gateway but I'm
not 100% positive of that.. I know ingress calls to the sip network have
echo and those flow through the pri lines to the tnt so I'm starting
there with that gateway but I'm looking for something possibly on
asterisk that can help with pure sip call echo cancellation.. does
anyone have any ideas as to what may help?