[Asterisk-Users] Freshmaker failed register test

Paramahansa Werner Polo Vieyra pwpolo at codefidence.com
Thu Oct 21 09:05:30 MST 2004

Hi guys,

  I'm new to asterisk, but I'm given a try.
  Downloaded, compiled and installed asterisk with problem for use of
sip phones only, without any Digium or telephone hardware at all, but my
netcard.

   Now, I got a TDM10B (Wildcard TDM400P + one FXS module).  Thus, I
downloaded, compiled and installed, zaptel and libpri and asterisk
(again!), with no error messages at all.

   The problem that when I try to load the zaptel module (modprobe
zaptel), I got the following message in /var/log/messages

Oct 21 17:42:27 zelma kernel: Freshmaker failed register test
Oct 21 17:42:51 zelma kernel: Zapata Telephony Interface Unloaded
Oct 21 17:42:55 zelma kernel: Zapata Telephony Interface Registered on
major 196

   And, of course neither "modprobe modprobe wcfxo" nor "ztcfg" are
working.

   Does any body knows what "Freshmaker failed register test" means???
Do I have a hardware problem???  Does have a clue of what I can do???

   I use RedHat 9.0 and kernel version 2.4.20-31.9smp.

   Many thanks in advance,

   Best,

   Paramahansa