[Asterisk-Users] cheap gig switch? smc, netgear, or 3com?

Brian Roy mister.roy at gmail.com
Thu Oct 21 07:58:33 MST 2004

On Thu, 21 Oct 2004 09:22:46 -0500, Jay Milk <jay at skimmilk.net> wrote:
> Afaik, they use Linksys for their OEM.  So, however you trust linksys,
> that should be par for the course on DELL.  That said, do not expect
> usable support from DELL.  We have purchased in the neighborhood of
> 5,000 computers from them in the last four years, and while most of them
> perform well, when there IS a problem, the friendly population of
> Bangledesh just isn't very helpful in getting things up and running.

Sheesh, 5000 computers and you don't get silver or gold support? You
have been doing business with the wrong account team. With our gold
support I have a dedicated team of engineers to support our company.
We call directly to their desks and talk to the same guys all the
time. You might want to talk to your rep.

For those of you who have been through the offshore support offerings,
you might appreciate this.

http://www.bordergatewayprotocol.net/jon/humor/web_animations/india_tech_support.swf

-Chuji