[Asterisk-Users] Calling IAX client behind NAT

Joe Dennick joe at dennick.net
Thu Oct 21 04:59:41 MST 2004

Add
Qualify=yes
To the iax.conf file entry for this client.  That causes the client to
continue to contact the Asterisk server, thereby keeping the session
alive through the NAT.  Then when a call is imitated from Asterisk to
the client, it will just progress through the already established
session (the NAT device will actually assume it’s a response to a
client-imitated request).

Joe