[Asterisk-Users] Does use of riser cards in racks affects performance of PCI telephony cards ?

Robert Rozman rozman at fri.uni-lj.si
Thu Oct 21 05:06:35 MST 2004

Hi,

I've read quite a lot about sensibility of Asterisk HW cards to interrupt
latency, ...

I don't know much about HW, but would like to know if I use riser card
(vertical adapter for 1-3 PCI cards that goes into one PCI slot) to put some
Asterisk HW cards on it in rack chassis - do I affect their performance in
regard of interrupt priority latency in comparison with normal placing of
each card in separate PCI slot?

Thanks in advace,

regards,

Robert.