[Asterisk-Users] IP Phone that OFFICIALLY support Asterisk

Jim Van Meggelen jim at digitalchemy.ca
Wed Oct 20 22:06:51 MST 2004

Call Manager's biggest problem is that it has an embarrasing lack of
features, and is not considered reliable at all.

Porting it to a better operating system is certainly a good idea, but
the PBX part of it is totally amateurish.

Asterisk trumps ALL PBXs on flexibility, but Call Manager is famously
lacking when its features are placed against the Nortel and Avaya
systems. They are loosing credibility fast, becasue they have annoyed a
lot of high-profile customers by promising the future, and being barely
able to match the past.

---