[Asterisk-Users] IP Phone that OFFICIALLY support Asterisk

Jim Van Meggelen jim at digitalchemy.ca
Wed Oct 20 20:58:43 MST 2004

Take one of these:
www.nano-itx.com
Connect one of these to it:
http://www.lilliput.cn/619.htm (that's a touch screen, BTW)

Fire in a USB handset, install Asterisk and the Flash Operator panel,
and you've got an awesome console - there's your OS phone! (too
expensive, for sure, but give it a few short years). Point being you CAN
have that right now.

> [entering even deeper sleep state...]
>
> Your boss walks up to you and says he needs the phones to do
> this fancy
> new thing he just heard about somebody else's system being
> able to do.
> Worse yet, he wants a 'soft-key' for it!  No problem, edit the source
> code to the firmware for the phone, add the required code to make the
> phone do it.  What's this, * doesn't support the required
> stuff at the
> other end, just write an app, put it somewhere, and bam, the
> whole thing
> works.

Much of that can be done with Asterisk.

> [starting to come to reality, not quite there yet...]
>
> At this point, unless your boss simply wants nicer hardware
> (color touch
> screen lcd for example), or you finally hit the limitation of the
> hardware of the phone, you will _never_ need to buy another phone.

I'm with you.

> [wakes up from dream]
>
> Huh?

LOL! Loved all of it! You're not that far off. Minature PCs are becoming
reality, as well as inexpensive LCD screens. Put them together with a
headset and you've got what you need!

> --
> Christopher L. Wade                     Unistar-Sparco Computers, Inc.
> Senior Systems Administrator                            dba Sparco.com
> Email: clwade at sparco.com                             7089 Ryburn Drive
> Phone: (901) 872 2272 / (800) 840 8400            Millington, TN 38053
> Fax:   (901) 872 8482                                              USA

---
Incoming mail is certified Virus Free.

---