[Asterisk-Users] Tranferring UniCall lines

Guillermo Freige gfreige at hotmail.com
Wed Oct 20 19:51:09 MST 2004

Steve:
Thanks about the explanation. I'm rather new to all of this digital
telephony world. I'm a computer networks guy :)
If I understood well, the transfer limitation isn´t a MFC/R2 one, but a PSTN
one?. Can I transfer calls using the PBX call control even in R2 if the PBX
support it? Flash didn´t work because it isnt a Zap FXO signalled interface,
but even commenting the condition in the code it didn´t work in the UniCall
channel. And Transfer, as said, does nothing at all. If some code is missing
in app_flash.c (and the PBX support it) I can patch the code, but I need to
know if it is supported by UniCall library (or R2).
Regarding outgoing calls, I'd 2 problems, the timeout after 1 ring or aroung
4 seconds (it still remains), and a problem with the codec. Apparently alaw
wasn´t selected (despite some code tracing showing codec 8 (alaw) was used)
and audio was corrupted, and MF codes were sometimes misunderstood because
that. I´ve solved it forcing the alaw use in the asterisk code, but now I
feel dirty :) The new code will solve this problem too?. Incoming calls work
fine (they even show "alaw" as the default codec after a call) and if I use
a previously used channel with the codec set for an outgoing call, the sound
is OK even with the unmodified code.

Thanks for your time and work

Guillermo