[Asterisk-Users] new here : logic of ser and asterisk allconfused---longish

Iqbal iqbal at gigo.co.uk
Wed Oct 20 19:12:19 MST 2004

Hi

will check the relay part, as for the loop not happening I pasted wrong
lune, basically where the EXTEN part is I had hardcoded a username which
existed in my DB, and that got now loop...but will check again.

What I am trying to set up, is to get SER to register all the calls, and
pass these all to asterisk, and do the same with pstn /voicemail etc
calls, and let asterisk take care of this.

According to your suggestion I should do the IP-->IP calls on SER itself
(am I reading it correct), and only pass the rest on.

If this is done, then how can I use asterisk billing software for the
IP--->IP calls, or will I have ot bill that separate, I am moving the
calls to asterisk for two reason one for scaling and two for easier
billling, since asterisk comes with a nice array of prepaid billing
options, however I dont want to run one with ser and one with asterisk.

I just re-read what u said,, u mean pass all the calls from ser to
asterisk, and the if its a extension, pass it back to ser and let it
dial, if they are not there etc, it should fall to asterisk for
voicemail, and pstn comes to asterisk.

Let me get the call flow correct

Xlite(1) --> ser ---> asterisk (if call for IP device) ---> ser --->
Xlite(2)
Xlite(1) --> ser ---> asterisk (if call for pstn) ---> pstn
Xlite(1) --> ser ---> asterisk (if call for voicemail) ---> Voicemail

So what would happen if call for pstn, and call not answered, and also
what happens if SIp end device (eh Xlite(2))  does not answer can I get
the call go back from ser to asterisk for voicemail

tks

iqbal