[Asterisk-Users] Delay in outbound SIP call

Chad Humphries asterisk-users at expandvoice.com
Wed Oct 20 18:58:28 MST 2004

I wanted to get some feedback on an issue that has popped up since we brought up a new Asterisk server.
We are running v1.0.1 on a dual Xeon 3Ghz processor server with 1GB RAM.  Our install and configuration is
practially identical to our other server except that we have installed a T100P on the new server.
1. All calls inbound from our PRI connect rather quickly (approx 3-5 secs) to our SIP phones.
2. All internal calls between SIP phones connect quickly as well.
3. Outbound calls via a SIP provider takes approx 13-14 sec to establish a call.

The interesting thing is that we don't have this issue on our other server without the T100P card, yet the install/configuration is
practically identical.  Calls outbound to this provider on the other server connect much faster.
I have seen some other posts out there that talk about CallerID causing a delay but those issues related to
inbound from the PSTN.  That isn't an issue in this case and was hoping someone has some ideas.

Thanks,

Chad