[Asterisk-Users] IP Phone that OFFICIALLY support Asterisk

Jim Van Meggelen jim at digitalchemy.ca
Wed Oct 20 14:27:08 MST 2004

Can you imagine!?! That would be the most brillant thing they could do!
They should also open up their platform so people can port Linux, BSD
and what-all-else to it. Oh, and drop the price a bit while their at it!

The whole Linksys/Linux/Cisco thing really fascinates me. The things
people are doing with the Linksys routers must have a lot of Cisco
people wondering what the future is going to look like.

And as for Call Manager? I predict that they will be officially
Asterisk-compliant in . . . hmmm . . . I'll say roughly five years or
so. Possibly far sooner if they yank their heads out of their asses and
grab a clue. Asterisk is destined to do for telecom what Linux did for
the OS. In five years, many big names will be waving the Asterisk flag
in the exact same way they are with Linux. Mark my words.

I keep wondering what would hapen if Microsoft were to OS the whole
Windows platform. That'd change everything, eh?

>--
>Christopher L. Wade                     Unistar-Sparco Computers, Inc.
>Senior Systems Administrator                            dba Sparco.com
>Email: clwade at sparco.com                             7089 Ryburn Drive
>Phone: (901) 872 2272 / (800) 840 8400            Millington, TN 38053
>Fax:   (901) 872 8482                                              USA

---
Incoming mail is certified Virus Free.

---