[Asterisk-Users] IP Phone that OFFICIALLY support Asterisk

Joseph syscon at interbaun.com
Wed Oct 20 12:28:53 MST 2004

On Wed, 2004-10-20 at 12:52, Benjamin on Asterisk Mailing Lists wrote:
> On Wed, 20 Oct 2004 11:58:39 -0600, Joseph <syscon at interbaun.com> wrote:
> > What IP Phones officially support Asterisk.  I know that most of them
> > will work with * but I do not want to support companies that don't
> > support OSS
>
> I guess it all depends on your definition of "support OSS". Does it
> mean funding OSS projects? Does it mean contributing code? Does it
> mean support won't hang up the phone when you mention OSS?

Your last question hit "nail on the head", basically what I'm after
support after let say firmware upgrade.  I just happen to me after
purchasing SPA-3000 (SIPURA unit), after firmware upgrade the unit stop
working correctly I wasn't able to fix it with support from the vendor
we bought it from, nor Sipura was answering our vendor questions for
support.  We received a replacement but don't want to go through it
anymore as we had some other complication with the vendor not related to
the product but the way it was handled.
In addition I don't want to be in a situation like this when we'll
mention Asterisk and they will immediately reply "... we don't support
Asterisk..."  Hence my inquiry.

[snip]

> Their website is at http://www.act-tel.com.tw

Thanks for the link, I'll check it out.