[Asterisk-Users] X100P make phone ring on incoming sip call - possible?

Wed Oct 20 11:10:38 MST 2004

On Wed, 20 Oct 2004 18:48:11 +0200, Alex van Es <alex at icepick.com> wrote:
> phoneline that goes into the x100p card and on the phone jacket of the
> card I connected a regular pstn phone.
> Does anyone know if any of these following things would be possible
> with my setup;
> - Receive the callerid (I am in the netherlands)

No. Dutch caller ID has not been implemented yet. There is a bounty on it.

http://www.voip-info.org/tiki-index.php?page=Asterisk%20bounty%20non-Bellcore-CLID

> - Have an incoming SIP call forwarded to the phone that is on the phone
> jacket of the card (and make it ring)

No. The phone that is on the phone jack of the card is NOT CONNECTED
to Asterisk.

This is because the card is an FXO card. FXO ports are for connecting
phone lines, not phones.

The phone jack is NOT an FXS port, which is what you would need to
connect a phone.

The jack is a passthrough that is electrically connected pin by pin to
the phone line plugged in to the phone port. This is done so that you
still have the option to use the line from the phone plugged in there,
even if the PBX is powered off.

> - Setup some kind some kind of protection that I could get a dialtone
> of my home phone and dial anywhere after entering the password?

Since you cannot connect the phone to Asterisk without another card
which has an FXS port (or an analog telephone adapter with an FXS
port), you cannot get a dialtone from Asterisk.

If you do get an FXS port and hook your phone up to Asterisk through
that FXS port, then yes, Asterisk will give you a dialtone and yes,
you can configure a password on that.

Without an FXS port, you can only dial in from the outside over the
PSTN and there too you can provide a dialtone to the caller, again
with a password.

keyword: DISA (for direct system inward access)

rgds
benjk

Tokyo, Japan.