[Asterisk-Users] Graceful CLI/crontab reboot

Neil Cherry ncherry at comcast.net
Wed Oct 20 10:29:46 MST 2004

Andrew Edmond wrote:
> Asterisk Community --
>
> I'm looking for a way to gracefully shutdown asterisk at least once a
> day and bring it back online.  I'm using Gentoo Linux and using
> safe_asterisk from /etc/init.d/asterisk.
>
> Anybody have a handy CLI/crontab script that accomplishes this?
>
> Andrew

How about putting this in cron, as root type crontab -e and then
add the following:

# reload asterisk every day at midnight exactly
                                $00 00 * * * /etc/init.d/asterisk stop ; sleep
2 ; /etc/init.d/asterisk start

Linux Home Automation         Neil Cherry       ncherry at comcast.net
http://home.comcast.net/~ncherry/               (Text only)
http://hcs.sourceforge.net/                     (HCS II)