[Asterisk-Users] i extension

Wed Oct 20 09:42:17 MST 2004

On Wed, 20 Oct 2004 10:17:23 -0400, Race Vanderdecken
<asterisk at vanderdecken.com> wrote:
> If you put the "I" extension in a context with the dial plan then it
> works best. This way the problem is handled locally within the dial plan
> instead of fall through to the global context.
>
> [context123]
>
> exten => _222XXXXXXX,1,Dial(...)
>
> exten => i,1,Fix The problem for invalid extension in dial plan.

The above simply doesn't work here. "i" never gets called no matter
what you do, unless you have an IVR menu in the context. This is why I
suspect that this " i" thing is only meant to be called from within
Background(some-message) etc, but not for ordinary dialling,

Can anybody confirm this? Would be nice to know what this is actually
meant to do.

> You could create a [invalid-Extension-Fix-Context] and do an include in
> the other contexts.

this only works here only if you use the catch-all extension pattern "_."

rgds
benjk

Tokyo, Japan.