[Asterisk-Users] Samsung DCS70 PABX

Jim Van Meggelen jim at digitalchemy.ca
Wed Oct 20 09:00:27 MST 2004

LOL!

No, PBXs don't have anything like what Asterisk offers. That's part of
what makes Asterisk a revolutionary phenomenon; its dialplan!

Having said that, most PBXs and Hybrid Key systems will have some sort
of call routing functions available. You'll need the manual on the
Samsung to know what needs to be done to make routing happen. On higher
end PBXs you can build very elaborate ARS dialplans, but I've never seen
any that have the brains of Asterisk.

But Asterisk can save you there as well. If you put the Asterisk between
the PSTN and the PBX, you can have the PBX blindly send all calls to
Asterisk, and then use Asterisk's awesome power to manage where each
call goes from there.

Did I mention how fantastic Asterisk's dialplan is?

Cheers,

Jim.

---
Incoming mail is certified Virus Free.