[Asterisk-Users] Vmail.cgi Bahhh!!

Deon Rodden drodden at webunited.net
Wed Oct 20 08:40:17 MST 2004

Are there no permissions issues that will ever come up by running Asterisk
as a non-root user?

My Asterisk server is a dedicated/closed system, only I have access to ssh
into it. It's also behind an external firewall that only allows certain udp
ports through from the world. And ssh from my specific static IP. So I tried
my best to keep the security tight.  But if there's no performance impact or
any permission downsides to running Asterisk as non-root, I'm game.