[Asterisk-Users] DUNDi in stable? (New subject)

Seth Remington sremington at saberlogic.com
Wed Oct 20 08:22:23 MST 2004

On Wed, 2004-10-20 at 10:58, Deon Rodden wrote:
> That's good to know. But, not to sound dumb, I'm not a heavy CVS user, how
> do I get the latest stable? As of now.
>
> The way I'm used to doing it is:
> export CVSROOT=:pserver:anoncvs at cvs.digium.com:/usr/cvsroot
> cvs login
> cvs checkout zaptel libpri asterisk
>

> But that doesn't tell me if that's head or stable. The instructions say:
> cvs checkout -r v1-0 zaptel libpri asterisk asterisk-addons asterisk-sounds
>
> For stable. But my understanding is that will give me version 1.0; no bug
> fixes since the release of 1.0. I want the latest w/ bug fixes but no new
> features.
>
> My voicemail right now is not rigged for database support and such, just the
> standard voicemail.conf; So if I go to the latest, I don't want to be forced
> to retrofit my current voicemail setup.

It will do exactly what you want it to. Because v1-0 is a *branch* tag
CVS handles it a little differently from a regular tag. By checking out
the branch you are now rooted on the stable 1.0 branch but you will
still get the latest versions committed to that branch (read: you will
get all the bug fixes). Runnning "cvs update" from your sandbox will
contine to bring down patches applies to the 1.0 branch.

BTW... if you want to convert your existing cvs HEAD over to the stable
branch you can run "update -r v1-0" instead of checkout.

-Seth

--
Seth Remington
SaberLogic, LLC