[Asterisk-Users] Wonderful Success with PAP2-NA

Kanuri, Seshu (Company IT) Seshu.Kanuri at morganstanley.com
Wed Oct 20 08:05:03 MST 2004

 The humming noise comes from the Power units of these devices and has
nothing to do with the quality of the SIP device. You can reduce this
noise if your power unit has a longer cord or if you are using an
expensive Power unit that has similar input and output.

We found this problem on our netweb-301 / 302 phones wherein when we
used the Australia (220 V) Only Power unit, in Sydney, it has humming
noise. But when we use the 110-240 V Power units in USA, which are a
little expensive, our phones work pindrop perfect. Hence we are
supplying the 110-240V dual power units only on all our IP Phones sold
now.

Seshu
http://ipphone.eezeephone.com
732-213-2422