[Asterisk-Users] Fax over IP doesn't works

Steve Underwood steveu at coppice.org
Wed Oct 20 06:58:39 MST 2004

Hi Miroslav,

It sounds like you don't really understand what T.38 is. You need some
form of modem to get from a normal FAX machine to a T.38 channel.
spandsp can do that. A normal FAX modem can do that. You need a modem
somewhere, though. That is why developing the FAX modems was the first
step towards providing T.38.

Regrds,
Steve