[Asterisk-Users] cannot call Grandstream

Michael George george at mutualdata.com
Wed Oct 20 06:53:21 MST 2004

I am having trouble with a Grandstream Budgetone 101.  It's at firmware
1.0.5.10 and I'm running * 1.0.0.

I have the phone getting a DHCP address and * expects it to register.

When I reboot the phone it does register just fine.  However, after a while *
cannot contact the phone.

I will call the phone and * will tell me:
    -- Called grandstream1
	 Oct 20 09:41:16 WARNING[98310]: chan_sip.c:681 retrans_pkt: Maximum
	 retries exceeded on call 564c44bb0522db003006670a76c2ef9e at 192.168.1.3 for
	 seqno 102 (Critical Request)

Looking in teh archives, it seems that that indicates that the registration is
expired.  I've got the phone set to 60m register intervals (and * acks that
when the phone registers) but after the hour it doesn't re-register.

I've also tried 15m and 2m register timeouts.

I have Sip Registration and Unregister on Reboot both set to Yes on the phone.
Register Expiration is 60.

The phone is at 192.168.42.234 and * is as 192.168.1.3.  Both internal but no
NAT between them.  And the initial registration works fine.

I've searched through the mail list archives and tried all the suggestions I
could find there, but the phone behaves the same: registration appears to be
lost.

Incidentally, I set the phone to a static IP (192.168.42.99) and also set *
from host=dynamic to host=192.168.42.99 but * couldn't call the phone at all
after that. (I did graceful restarts on * between the change).

Can anyone see what I might be missing?  I don't have the SIP UserID or
Authenticate ID set to the phone's extension, but the SIP User ID is the same
as the Authenticate ID which is the same as the context in *'s sip.conf.  It
doesn't seem that would have an effect, but I thought I'd mention it.

Thanks!

--
-M

There are 10 kinds of people in this world:
	Those who can count in binary and those who cannot.