[Asterisk-Users] New Channel Driver: chan_bluetooth

Theo Zourzouvillys theo at crazygreek.co.uk
Wed Oct 20 05:37:28 MST 2004

Hi,

after a couple of days work banging my head against the wall (bloody standards
my arse), i've got chan_bluetooth to a point where it's starting to function
- certianly more than just proof of concept now.

The code is far, far from stable, and only been tested with one dongly
(Cambridge Silicon), and two devices (Nokia 6310i and a HBH-200 headset) -
and even those devices are not FULLY functional yet.  I can make and recieve
calls through the devices, at times though ;)

So why am I announcing it when it doesn't even work properly?  I'd like to get
people testing it with their devices and bluetooth adapters, see if it will
pair, see debug output - see what phones/headsets do and don't work, see what
documentation i need to add for setting it up, and of course get some general
feedback about peoples wishes/views on the module.

Code is at <http://www.crazygreek.co.uk/chan_bluetooth>  Follow instructions
on that page, or ask on list [1] when you encounter problems!

Please, let me have some feedback so i can get this driver working properly
with all HeadsetProfile devices!

 ~ Theo

[1] -
<http://tribble.crazygreek.co.uk/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/chan_bluetooth>