[Asterisk-Users] cheap gig switch? smc, netgear, or 3com?

Jay Wilton asteriskcr at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 20 01:08:18 MST 2004

Hello,

The Smc 8508T goes for about $95, jumbo frame support,
lifetime warranty but no QOS.  The Netgear GS608 is $ 100,
no jumbo frames, 1 year warranty, QOS, gig latency 10U max.
 The 3com switch reviews that I read were not happy.  Does
anyone hate or love their home switch?

I doubt the jumbo frame support would help voip traffic,
but it seems like it wouldn't hurt.  I was planning on
doing the QOS on linux.  Gig support is wanted for file
transfers and the future.  Thanks to all you nice asterisk
people and a few of the mean ones.

Jay