[Asterisk-Users] meetme latency

Bob Knight bk at minusw.com
Tue Oct 19 23:28:04 MST 2004

I am pretty sure that I had used meetme in the past (many months ago)
with great results.  Small number of users, mixed connections, IAX2
and SIP.

For the past month or so, meetme has been a real pain due to very
large latency.  I can take 2 phones on the local lan and still get many
seconds of latency.  This makes it really hard to carry on a conversation.
If I try to have folks join in over the net, we end up with 4 to 5 second
latency.

Is this normal, or do I have a problem.

I am running 2.6.8ish kernel with no zap hardware.
I am using the 2.6ish ztdummy.  zttest looks ok.

Echo test and phone calls are great.
I think it is only when I get into the pseudo zap driver that I start
having problems.

Is it time for me to check out app_conference?

--
Bob Knight
[-w] the work option
bk at minusw.com