[Asterisk-Users] Anyone else seeing this?

Brian West brian at bkw.org
Tue Oct 19 18:48:38 MST 2004

Anything after these versions:

zaptel.c version 1.95 (known working)
chan_zap.c version 1.357 (known working)

with a tor2 card... causes kernel panic...

Can anyone else confirm this?  I honestly think it's a combo issue with the
new zap reload and that zaptel change.  But I have spent hours trying to
narrow it down to those two files and those changes.

Has anyone else seen strange issues when using PRI?

If we have zaptel.c 1.95 and latest chan_zap.c you can place and take calls
but if you do something like show channels at the CLI you'll deadlock the
box.  I have no thread apply all bt since the glibc on this box didn't have
debug compiled in on it. (will retry this tomorrow)

If you have the latest zaptel.c and the latest chan_zap.c placing any call
out/in the zap interface will cause a kernel panic and kill the box.

Use the above listed known working files and you have no problems.

I would open a bug report but I would like to find more information before
doing so.

Thanks,
Brian