[Asterisk-Users] Re: GSM to g729 Conversion

Stefan de Konink skinkie at xs4all.nl
Tue Oct 19 15:59:25 MST 2004

On Tue, 19 Oct 2004, Steve Kann wrote:
> Stefan de Konink wrote:
> > Isn't this an opportunity for Digium to offer encoded G729 files for a
> > fixed price directly encoded from the original wav files?
>
> I think this is an opportunity for people to use unencumbered codecs..
>
> If even just the asterisk community got  together to put half their G729
> money into speex enhancements, we'd all be much better off than lining
> sipro's pockets :)
(As mentioned before in the G723 discussion... I'm totally into Speex :)

But this was more a statement because this topic already popped up at
least 4 times in the last 15000 messages from which I can remember it.

It is not bad to prevent transcoding, the last time someone offered the
WAV files from Allison some users allready transcoded into other formats.
Why not make your files .speex too?

Stefan