[Asterisk-Users] i extension

Michael Loftis mloftis at wgops.com
Tue Oct 19 14:57:54 MST 2004

[default]
include => extensions
include => bogons

[extensions]

exten => 44X,...
exten => 45X,...

[bogons]

exten => _.,1,what_to_do_for_fat_fingers

any context that bogons is included in will have DigitTimeout long times
after finishing dialing.  SIP users won't notice this, but those in an IVR
or on an analog extension would.

--On Wednesday, October 20, 2004 06:22 +0900 Benjamin on Asterisk Mailing
Lists <benjk.on.asterisk.ml at gmail.com> wrote:

> This is a question I am almost too embarassed to ask but here we go ...
>
> Is it not possible to use the i extension to trap attempts of users
> misdialling numbers otherwise not in the dialplan/context?
>
> I have seen this in so many examples and I always thought "Oh, this
> will come in handy one day" but never actually had to use it. Now, as
> I have a customer who is complaining every day about the Asterisk
> server "not working" because they seem to have fingers to thick for
> their phones' keypads or suffer from some rare form of number
> dislexia, I would really like to trap all those cases where they dial
> some invalid number that's not matching anything in the
> dialplan/context and play an invalid number/extension recording back
> to the user. Unfortunately, it doesn't seem to work and I couldn't
> find anything other than the Wiki page that also says it doesn't work
> but fails to explain why. So, what's the story on this?
>
> thanks
> rgds
> benjk
>
> --
> Sunrise Telephone Systems, 9F Shibuya Daikyo Bldg., 1-13-5 Shibuya,
> Tokyo, Japan.

GPG/PGP --> 0xE736BD7E 5144 6A2D 977A 6651 DFBE 1462 E351 88B9 E736 BD7E