[Asterisk-Users] X100P red alert

Tue Oct 19 14:00:03 MST 2004

On Tue, 19 Oct 2004 21:55:57 +0200, Alex van Es <alex at icepick.com> wrote:

> I just got my X100P card installed and asterisk keeps on complaining
> that it cannot create a zap channel. I read somewhere on the internet
> that the zap card will not work when a phoneline is not plugged in,
> cause is draws power from the phoneline. Is this correct? Of course
> eventually
> I will connect it to a phoneline, but I would just like to know this
> for sure..

yeah, it's a real pain with all those devices that only work when they
are plugged in. The coffee machine doesn't make any coffee without
ground coffee beans, the fridge doesn't keep things cool without
electricity, the WAN router won't work without an internet connection,
and now those damned X100P cards that won't call anywhere without a
phone line. What's next? Cars that won't run without fuel? This is
getting really annoying, isn't it?!

rgds
benjk

Tokyo, Japan.