[Asterisk-Users] DUNDi in stable? (New subject)

Olle E. Johansson oej at edvina.net
Tue Oct 19 13:41:30 MST 2004

Ryan Courtnage wrote:

>>http://www.dundi.com
>>
>>Yet, another great idea!!  Thanks Mark!!
>>
>>I wish it was in v1.0, but I guess I'll have to update to head.
>

> I wish it were in v1.0 as well. Would creating a patch for 1.0 be pretty
> simple, or do the code changes run deep?
It will eventuall get into a release.

But please, as a community, we have to refrain from temptation of adding
new functions to the stable tree. It has to be kept stable - and that is
boring. If you want to walk on the wild side, run CVS head.

CVS head is the development tree. Please don't encourage people to use it
in production environments, even if it from time to time seems to work well.
We need to be able to include new untested functions. Some days, it doesn't
compile properly after you download it to your system. That is okey, it means
that we have new code, new functions and new bugs to fix.

We need a development CVS as fertile soil for new major Asterisk breakthroughs.
I've been waiting long for that to happen, and if you check the -cvs list,
you'll find that there's been a lot of changes to the development branch
that would never have happened if we didn't have a less strict environment
to play around with. Keeps the bug tracker alive :-)

/Olle