[Asterisk-Users] How to ring internal extension?

Senad Jordanovic senad at boltblue.com
Tue Oct 19 13:26:12 MST 2004

Your Own ISP .com wrote:
> I have it set the same for each phone within the sip.conf file if
> this is where you meant.
>
> FYI, I am using Grandstream 101 phones on both ends.
>
> Should it be set to yes for these phones?

If you want media streams to by pass * then set it to "yes". Otherwise
set it to "no".
I would put it on "no".

If you opt for "Yes", make sure you do not have any dial($OPTIONS).
i.e. (t, r, etc/ in you Dial application.

Also, make sure that codecs (especially for Grandstreams) are set in
same order in sip.conf and at each phone).

SJ