[Asterisk-Users] False Hangup detected on Digium TDM400P

Marconi Rivello marconirivello at gmail.com
Tue Oct 19 12:29:04 MST 2004

On Tue, 19 Oct 2004 09:00:45 -0400, Scott Wolf <lists at aginet.com> wrote:
> Ruben Fagundo wrote:
>
> > I have an asterisk server running on Redhat 8.0 with a Digium TDM400P
> > w/4 FXO modules (TDM04P)
> >
> > There are 2 lines going into the Digium card. One line is a Vonage
> > digital line, and the other line is a Comcast voice line. I have a SIP
> > Grandstream 100 phone connected to the Asterisk server.
> >
> > The problem is that on occasionally, after talking for about 20
> > minutes or so, the call gets hung up and I get a fast paced busy
> > signal. The caller gets dead air.  I have called Digium wondering if
> > their is a hardware problem, but they don't seem to think so. Is
> > there a way to deactivate the other 2 channels, if they aren't being
> > use. Perhaps having all 4 channels active is causing the false
> > detects. The problem occurs on both lines for incoming calls and it
> > just happened again today on an outgoing call after 15 minutes of talk.
> >
> > I have tried busydetect=no and yes and neither one make a difference.
> > suggestions?

I made a patch that disables busy detection for *outbound* calls.
There's no need to detect busy signals for outbound dialing, as the
caller will hear them and hangup as well, terminating the zap
connection along with the SIP/IAX connection.

The original message, with instructions, etc:
http://lists.digium.com/pipermail/asterisk-users/2004-October/065296.html

I've been using it since then, and it's working as supposed to.

Regards,
Marconi.