[Asterisk-Users] Re: How to ring internal extension?

Your Own ISP .com mylist at lightwavetech.com
Tue Oct 19 12:01:40 MST 2004

This is a stab in the dark, but can it have anything to do with your 'm'
option by the dial? Do you have any musiconhold working on 100?

Well, not sure but the music on hold does play when I pickup the phone and
dial 101.

Also, I'm assuming in sip.conf, you've specified context as outgoing (I
don't think it would ring otherwise).

Yep

Thanks,
  Todd Routhier
  Lightwave Technologies, LLC.

--
Start Your Dialup Internet Service!
http://www.YourOwnISP.com

Lightwave Technologies, LLC.
http://www.LightWaveTech.com

>What happens now is this, if I pickup the sip phone at ext. 100 and
>dial extension 101 the phone at 101 rings but when 101 answers we can't
>talk between the phones it's silence.

This is a stab in the dark, but can it have anything to do with your 'm'
option by the dial? Do you have any musiconhold working on 100?
Also, I'm assuming in sip.conf, you've specified context as outgoing (I
don't think it would ring otherwise).

>[outgoing]

>; 100 - Todd's Voicemail
>exten => 100,1,Dial(SIP/100,15,m)
>;exten => 100,1,Playback,vm/100/unavail ;exten => 100,2,Voicemail,1
>exten => 100,2,Goto,t|1
>
>; 101 - Lewis' Voicemail
>exten => 101,1,Dial(SIP/101,15,m)
>;exten => 101,1,Playback,vm/101/unavail ;exten => 101,2,Voicemail,1
>exten => 101,2,Goto,t|1

To UNSUBSCRIBE or update options visit: