[Asterisk-Users] GSM to g729 Conversion

Kevin P. Fleming kpfleming at starnetworks.us
Tue Oct 19 11:41:53 MST 2004

Jay Milk wrote:
> I will convert all your GSM files to G729 files -- you'd still have to
> figure out how you need to stream them.  Also, I have a bridge for sale
> if you're interested.

There is no need to "figure out how you need to stream them". Playback()
works just fine with .g729 files.

In fact, test it yourself. Configure voicemail.conf to record in g729,
then connect from a G.729-only client. Amazingly, it will playback the
G.729 recorded file without using a G.729 license (since the codec is
not involved).

Just take a look at formats/format_g729.c in the * source.