[Asterisk-Users] Fax over IP doesn't works

Michael Welter mike at introspect.com
Tue Oct 19 10:59:08 MST 2004

Steve Underwood wrote:
> So what changes with T.38? You still need spandsp to interwork with the
> PSTN. What was so hard about getting spandsp to work? (I'm genuinely
> interested)

I switched to spandsp rather that purchase an expensive multi-port
FaxModem card for a fax server.

I've had absolutely no problems with spandsp.  I've got rxfax to email
working now, and I'm presently working on print-to-fax from a Windows
client using txfax.  I don't have a T-1 on the system, yet.  When that
is installed we'll do some load testing.

I had no trouble installing spandsp into Asterisk, and I have had no
problems using spandsp with a $30 Sharp UX-P200 or an HP 3150.   Don't
know about older machines.

Thank you, Steve, for all your good work.  We all appreciate your efforts.

Mike