[Asterisk-Users] Re: Problem with NFAS trunkgroups

Tony Mountifield tony at softins.clara.co.uk
Tue Oct 19 08:57:01 MST 2004

In article <200410191130.58021.akohlsmith-asterisk at benshaw.com>,
Andrew Kohlsmith <akohlsmith-asterisk at benshaw.com> wrote:
> On October 19, 2004 11:01 am, Tony Mountifield wrote:
> > Anyone here know about NFAS trunkgroups?
>
> Yes, I worked with them in the dialup world on AS5248s and MaxTNTs.

OK, I was too vague! What I really want is someone who has successfully
set up Asterisk on NSAF trunkgroups.

> > I have a TE405P card with spans 1, 3 and 4 connected to T1s. I have
> > happily had NI2 PRI running on them with each trunk having its own
> > D-channel. Using v1-0 from CVS.
> > Now I need, if possible, to use NFAS. I will be using it on four trunks,
> > with one primary and one secondary D-channel, and so 94 B-channels. To
> > test this, the telco has set up NFAS across two of the current trunks,
> > spans 1 and 3, with primary D-channel on span 1 (chan 24) and secondary
> > on span 3 (chan 72). Span 2 is still not connected, and Span 4 is a
> > standalone trunk.
>
> I am not aware of NFAS working on any Digium equipment.

But that's what [trunkgroups] is all about!

The comment near the top of zapata.conf.sample is:

[trunkgroups]
;
; Trunk groups are used for NFAS or GR-303 connections.
;

Or are you saying that NFAS support in Asterisk is not complete yet?

Certainly it seems able to handle primary and secondary d-channels,
it just seems that there is something I haven't set up correctly,
because the documentation is a little thin.

Cheers
Tony

--
Tony Mountifield