[Asterisk-Users] Setting CallerID on UK BRI line

Linus Surguy linus at magrathea-telecom.co.uk
Tue Oct 19 08:39:58 MST 2004

> yep, my mobile displays caller id for other numbers - and it even works
> perfectly displaying caller id information set by a cheap ISDN pbx on the
> *same* ISDN line as the Asterisk box. Curious. Even without setting a
> callerid on the outgoing calls I get "No Caller ID" on my mobile (or other
> phones  - including other BT lines). BT are not withholding a number and I
> can change the callerID presented on the other phone system and it works
> perfectly.
>
> Strange, I will investigate more later.

Remembering that you can only set caller ID to numbers that have been issued
to you by BT, assuming you have a valid telephone number of, for example,
0118 321 1234

Try:
SetCallerID(4)
SetCallerID(34)
SetCallerID(234)
SetCallerID(11234)
SetCallerID(211234)

Normally you find it's either the 6 digit version or the single digit
version that works with BT.

Linus