[Asterisk-Users] test-driving G.729?

Kanuri, Seshu (Company IT) Seshu.Kanuri at morganstanley.com
Tue Oct 19 08:13:02 MST 2004

/SNIP/
> Have you looked into that open-source implementation of G729? There
was something on the WIKI about 3 >different implementations of it. One
being where you paid license per channel fees, one that was
>free/open source, and another I can't remember. Check the WIKI.
/SNIP/

There is no such thing as Open Source G729. Any such implementation is
called a "Hack", if that is what one would like to call it. There are
sevral such hacks available but none of them really work. I tried them.
The Audio quality is miserable with such implementations.

Seshu Kanuri