[Asterisk-Users] Setting CallerID on UK BRI line

Nick Barnes nick at bcn-it.co.uk
Tue Oct 19 04:18:23 MST 2004

Benjamin:

> So I dial 9 followed by my mobile number and the call comes
> through fine but the display says "No Caller ID".

Assuming that your mobile is displaying caller IDs for other numbers and
your ISDN lines are with BT.....

There are two ways in which the number can be withheld:

1 - Caller ID is withheld on the line you're calling from. If this is the
case, prefix the dialed number with '1470' which should release the caller
ID.

2 - You're blocking the caller ID yourself. If this is the case, remove the
prefix '141' from the dialed number.

If you don't set a caller ID to anything or set it to an invalid number, BT
will default the caller ID to the base number of the ISDN device, so remove
the 'SetCallerID' line to do your testing. Otherwise, you need only four or
six least significant digits of the number for the SetCallerID command.

Nick Barnes