[Asterisk-Users] Specify location of ADSI Softkeys ?

Lance Arbuckle asterisk at arbuckle.org
Mon Oct 18 16:59:35 MST 2004

Does anyone out there know the syntax to specify where the softkeys show
up on an ADSI phone ??  On the Aastra 390 and 480 phones there are six
locations for softkeys.  I can get all six softkeys defined by doing
SHOWKEYS "blah-0"
SHOWKEYS "blah-1"
SHOWKEYS "blah-2"
SHOWKEYS "blah-3"
SHOWKEYS "blah-4"
SHOWKEYS "blah-5"

but the softkeys just show up on the phone in the order listed ....
Blah-0            Blah-3
Blah-1            Blah-4
Blah-2            Blah-5

I want to be able to skip locations but I can't figure out how to
specify the exact location of a key so they would show up like this
where some locations are blank.
Blah-0           Blah-3

Blah-2           Blah-5

I know it's possible because app_voicemail.c does this but I don't
understand it at all :(

--
Lance