[Asterisk-Users] Re: ACD/Queue Support with SIP Notification Messages?

Jason Kawakami jkkawakami at optellabs.com
Mon Oct 18 13:10:10 MST 2004

----- Original Message -----

> All,
>
> We are using Polycom SoundPoint IP 500 phones that support
> acd-login-logout and acd-agent-availability functions on the phone in
> softbuttons.
glad to see you are still using the system.

> Enabling these, I can see the SIP notifications coming through when the
> user is avail/unavail, but no idea how to get this to interface with
> the queue status.
this is going to be difficult with SIP messaging but you could build an app
that interfaces with the manager interface that will give agent and queue
status on the desktop.

> The goal is to have an agent's status show up on the phone so they can
> visually tell if they are logged in or out. We are using callback
> support rather than parking agents on a line.
>
> We have extensions set up for that, but have problems with agents not
> knowing their status or walking away from the phone without logging
> out.
always a problem with new ACD's.  i can tell you that this will only happen
in the short term.  agents will get used to the process.  they just need to
be re-trained.

> If anyone has a way to just dial the login/logout extensions from a
> soft/fixed button that would work as well, just trying to sort a way to
> change something on the phone as an indicator.
>
> Any ideas?
>
> SIP info transmitted on setting avail status is:
<snip>

like i said, doing this with SIP messaging is probably not the best way to
accomplish your goal.

Jason Kawakami
www.optellabs.com
Salt Lake City, UT