[Asterisk-Users] How to make asterisk send email notification of voicemessages?

Luis Czop Luis.Czop at PMS.com.ar
Mon Oct 18 12:30:16 MST 2004

To configure smtp in your Asterisk server, you can try with these lines in
/etc/hosts

127.0.0.1               localhost.localdomain localhost
192.168.200.171    sun50.my_domain.com.ar   sun50              #  This
Asterisk server
192.168.200.1        my_mail    my_mail.my_domain.com.ar    mailhost    #
Exchange server

(I have replaced the real server and domain names with my_mail and
my_domain)

The important word is mailhost.

Be sure that sendmail is running.

Best regards