[Asterisk-Users] New Realtime config and MWI

Robert Jackson RobertJ at promedicalinc.com
Mon Oct 18 09:25:19 MST 2004

I could be offbase here, but my understanding is that with Realtime
you can set the mailbox variable by adding a column in the table.
The problem comes from chan_sip if you take a look at the
do_monitor method, which is the method that checks each peer and
sends the mwi, it is only sending the MWI to peers listed in the
in memory linked list peer1.peers.  I do not see the code where
the realtime config adds its peers to that linked list, if it did
then the "realtime" data would be cached and not actually looked
up as needed.

I actually made a patch to ast_data a while back to add just this
Functionality.  Basically, it selected the records periodically
(I think it was every 360 seconds) and added them to the linked
list which made the mwi work.

Just my $.02 worth,

Robert Jackson