Svar: Re: [Asterisk-Users] Where to post SuSE 9.x startup script?

Claus Lavdal Lav at psykiatri.aaa.dk
Mon Oct 18 04:58:03 MST 2004

I would be very interested in the script that allow me to use
saft_asterisk and non-root user on suse 9.1.

Regards Claus

On Thu, 9 Sep 2004, Martin Mielke wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> due to the rather big email traffic regarding this issue, I decided
> publish the script so people can download it at their own risk...
:-)

> Please, visit:
>
>     http://www.leals.com/~mm/asterisk
>
> for further information.
>
> Regards,
> Martin

Martin,
	I authored both the rc.debian.asterisk and rc.redhat.asterisk
scripts that are currently in CVS. Your script looks good and works.
However, would you mind taking a look at the rc.redhat.asterisk script
in
your asterisk/contrib/init.d directory and comparing it against yours?

Both the Debian and RedHat scripts in CVS have some intelligence built

into them that do the following:

1. Check for, and use safe_asterisk if it is available.
2. Allow for the setting of the User and Group that Asterisk will run
   under using the new "-U" and "-G" options that Mark added.
3. Correctly detect and pass these parameters to safe_asterisk, which
   as of June, was modified to append command line arguements.

If you do not have the time to do this, I'd like permission to take
your
work, merge it with mine and submit it to CVS. I've volunteered to
handle
the init scripts for the various platforms.

Let me know..

--
    Vice President of N2Net, a New Age Consulting Service, Inc.
Company

To UNSUBSCRIBE or update options visit: