[Asterisk-Users] Asterisk AGI 'Get Data' escape digits not working on long records

Simon Smith simon at auit.net
Sun Oct 17 23:02:02 MST 2004

Hoping someone can please help me.
I have written an AGI application (that uses the Asterisk-AGI perl library)
that processes requests to record wav files, capture dtmf, return dtmf etc
to my dial plan.

It works well, except when I record a long recording ( I have not been able
to figure out a direct pattern - but approximately 40 minutes or longer of
total recording in MSGSM format) It will no longer respond to my DTMF escape
digits.

In my agi-test.agi file I simply something similar to the following.
$result = $AGI->record_file($wavfile, WAV, 12345 , 70000, 1);

As expected it will wait for up to 1 digit and return the value in ASCII
into $result

HOWEVER

I need it to sometimes record up to a maximum of 3 hours. (1080000 ms)

$result = $AGI->record_file($wavfile, WAV, 12345 , 1080000, 1);

But it gets to maybe more than half an hour, is still recording fine but NO
MATTER WHAT digits i press, it never escapes from this command when i
constantly try pressing any of the escape digits.

Does anyone have an insight or similar issue? I wish i could resolve this
one, it is killing me.

Thanks

Simon