[Asterisk-Users] Asterisk dropping last digit of phone number

Greg Hill gregh-asterisk at hillnet.us
Sun Oct 17 21:46:25 MST 2004

On Mon, 18 Oct 2004, Demian wrote:

> I've recently installed and configured Asterisk.  I'm having some
> problems with phone numbers which look like 1 021 123 4567
>
> (1 for an outside line) and then the phone number.  Asterisk will always
> drop off the last digit and dial 1021123456 instead.  I thought this was
> a problem with my contexts however I've recently added a SIP phone and
> it's initial context is the same as the analogue phones that display
> this problem.... the SIP phone works fine.  Any ideas where I should be
> looking?

I'd start in extensions.conf.. double-count your X's (or N's) in the
exten=> lines to make sure they match the number you're trying to dial.
You didn't mention much detail about how the analogue calls get into your
*, nor how calls get out. I guess it shouldn't matter much; they'll all
get routed through extensions.conf regardless.

Greg